Most of us don’t pay our water heaters any attention. That is, until we’re stuck without hot water! Below, we tackle some common water heater FAQs (frequently asked questions):
1. Is my water heater big enough?
You need to consider how many appliances in your home depend on your water heater. This includes showers, tubs and dishwashers. It’s also important to buy a water heater that’s big enough for the amount of people in your home. Give one point for each, then refer to these charts from PSE&G.
2. When’s it time for a replacement?
The following factors come into play:
- Age: Water heaters more than 10-years-old may need to be replaced
- Leaks: Leaks due to corrosion call for a replacement
- Efficiency: If you only get one hot shower out of your water heater, then you may need a new one
3. How much space should there be around my gas water heater?
There should be at least 2 feet of clearance in front of your gas water heater. On the back and sides, you need about 2 inches of space.
Have more water heater FAQs? Call the experts of Service Plus Heating, Cooling & Plumbing! We don’t just install new water heaters. We can help you decide what type and size is best for your home!
Visit our website or call 317-434-2627 for service. Connect with Service Plus Heating, Cooling & Plumbing on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter for more tips. Remember, we service the entire Indianapolis area!