Do you dread the thought of taking a cold shower in the morning? Are you running out of hot water quicker than usual? If so, it may be time to check your water heater for signs that it’s on the brink of a breakdown. Read this before you face a cold shower in the morning!
- Unusual Loud Noises: If your water heater produces odd or sudden noises such as banging, rumbling, squeaking, or popping, it’s likely a sign of sediment buildup inside the tank. As the sediment heats and cools over time, it can cause significant issues down the line. It’s best to call the experts when these situations arise.
- Corroded Water Supply Lines: When supply lines become corroded, it can lead to leaks that can be difficult and costly to fix if not taken care of early on. If you observe rusty hues in your water, have your plumber inspect them for any signs of corrosion before getting a new water heater!
- Leaks on The Ground Around Your Tank: One surefire sign is noticing pools of water gathering around the base of your water heater. It would indicate that something is wrong with either the drain valve or one of its connections lost or cracked, allowing for leaks throughout its system.
- Age of The Water Heater: Older models tend to be less energy efficient than newer ones meaning monthly bills will be higher than usual when operating an older model! Consider updating yours with a newer model if it’s getting up there in age (typically 7-10 years), as this will save you money long-term due to decreased utility costs as well as fewer maintenance repairs needed over time!
- Low Hot Water Pressure: Have you noticed hot water pressure decreasing significantly? It could likely mean that sediment has built up within the tank over time, reducing the space available for hot water flow-through capacity and leading to slow production rates throughout all faucets connected directly from your home’s main supply line!
- Discolored Water Production: Are there noticeable calcium or rust particles coming out from the tap even after running hot water? These may point towards rusting pipes and other significant problems which need addressing before things worsen further.
If you’re having any of the signs mentioned above, it’s essential to act and address the issue with your water heater before it fails. Taking care of these issues can save you from costly repairs in the future and help ensure that you have hot water when you need it! Visit our coupons page on our website to see our special pricing. If you’re in the Indianapolis metro area and need help, contact our professional plumbers to inspect your water heater, diagnose the problem and provide a solution. Give us a call at (317) 434-2627!