As we get ready to head into summer and dust off our ACs, you may find yourself in a predicament. If your air conditioner is not running up to par, you’ve got to consider whether you’re in need of repair or replacement.
First, we’ll take a look at when you should repair. Keep in mind that sometimes repair is simply just not worth it.
When to repair:
- The cost to repair is less than 50 percent of the value of a new cooling system
- Your unit is less than 10 years old
- You score well on the Home Energy Yardstick
If air conditioning repair doesn’t seem logical, perhaps it’s time to replace. What are the rules of thumb when it comes to replacement?
When to replace:
- You keep having to pour money into repairs
- Your energy bills are on the rise
- Temperatures in your home vary from room to room
- Your home is humid and excessively dusty
- Your air conditioner is loud and noisy
You may also want to replace your air conditioning system if you don’t have a programmable thermostat. This will help you save money when nobody’s home and even while you sleep.
To learn more about air conditioning repair versus replacement, contact the experts of Service Plus Heating, Cooling & Plumbing at (317) 434-2627. We specialize in air conditioning repair and replacement!