Join a Top Workplace at Indy’s Family-Owned & Locally Operated Service Plus
Be Part of the Service Plus Family
Founded in 2003 out of our garage, we’ve been at this a long time here in Indianapolis. You’ve probably seen our trucks and our ads. Service Plus prides itself on its employees and strives to treat each as part of the Service Plus family. We know that our employees make us one of the leading heating, cooling, and plumbing companies here in Indianapolis and the surrounding communities. If you have a passion for excellence, a desire to succeed, and a willingness to go that extra mile, then you belong at Service Plus.
Learn a Trade: We Build Careers and Invest in You
Want to become an HVAC or plumbing technician but don’t have the experience? Service Plus offers the on-hands experience and scholarships to get you the training you need to become certified. And we provide ongoing training to our team members in all positions throughout the company. People often come to us looking for a job, and they stay with us because they find a fulfilling career, room to grow, and opportunities to excel.
What Makes Us Special
Since 2003, Service Plus Heating, Cooling & Plumbing has served families and friends throughout Indianapolis and the surrounding areas. We are family-owned and locally operated and treat our employees and our customers like family. We pride ourselves in providing service with a plus, and we support the communities we serve. Recently we supported our everyday heroes by giving away a new furnace, air conditioner, and water heater through our Everyday Hero program.
Your Military Service Pays Off
If you’ve served in the military, or are currently serving in the military reserve, join us! Your experience is of great value to us. Even if you have no related HVAC or plumbing experience, we encourage our military veterans to apply because we recognize that your training can be applied to the HVAC and plumbing trades. And we will help you build your career and invest in you.
You know you are the best at what you do, and you want to join a team that appreciates you. Additionally, you want to work at a company where you can create your own opportunities. Service Plus is for you! Join the team and be a part of our family! We are looking for great people, and here are a list of positions that may be available:
- HVAC Installers
- HVAC Technicians
- Plumber Apprentices
- Residential Plumbers
- Customer Service Representatives (CSR)
What We Offer
Our top performers are among the highest-paid technicians in Indianapolis. You’ll have unlimited earning potential.
- Company-supplied, take it home at night, new and safe, super-cool company truck
- Medical insurance – we pay 70% for your insurance premiums for health and 100% of your premiums for dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- New technology, including iPhone, tablet, and access to integrated software
- State of the art tools, parts, and supplies
- 401k plan with a company match
- A family … last on the list, but certainly not least because it’s most important. We care about our team and expect you to bring that same sentiment. We do a lot more than just work together, and you’ll come to love our company outings. You’ll build life-long friendships at Service Plus.
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job, make this career move and find exactly what you are looking for. You will work in a place where your team and customers will appreciate you and where your work directly affects the company’s success. If this sounds like you, apply now, or download our application: here. You can email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High school diploma or GED. At least 18 years old.
- Have a genuine and personable demeanor
- Willingness to pursue, develop, and participate in continuing education
- Ability to complete a diploma, degree, or certificate program in the field
- Efficient and organized
- Have a high level of mental and physical aptitude
- Have a strong working knowledge of codes and safety measures
- Strong, steady work history
- Able to climb in attics, under houses, in box trucks, and work within confined spaces
- Able to lift 75 lbs.
- Attend required department meetings and company or vendor training as required
- Maintain any necessary licenses or certifications which may apply
- Exhibit professional conduct at all times, whether at the job site or driving company vehicles
- Possess strong residential customer service experience, patience, troubleshooting, and diagnostic skills
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to keep daily logs and records of all maintenance functions
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Veterans encouraged to apply
Key Requirements – Plumbing
- One year of experience for a Plumber Apprentice position
- Two years of experience for a Residential Plumber position
- Work with and train any assigned plumbing helpers
- Knowledge of local plumbing codes, with the ability to apply them in a practical manner on each job, working with inspectors, suppliers, and co-worker technicians to ensure correct project work
- Capable of executing plumbing techniques such as soldering, pipe threading, drain cleaning, fixture installation, gas leak testing, and repair
Key Requirements – HVAC
- Two years of experience for an HVAC Installer position
- Four years of experience for an HVAC Technician position
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating
- Skilled in installation, cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems
- Ability to guide and advise the customer to select the most appropriate air quality system to fulfill their requirements
- Ability to perform maintenance, warranty, and emergency repairs from installation to end-of-life
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently
- Providing technical direction and on-the-job training
- Working knowledge of boiler systems
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans
Key Requirements – CSR
- A great attitude
- Computer skills
- Phone etiquette
Desired Skills and Experience
If you possess the above experience and qualifications, and you believe that you’ll find it fun and challenging – you’re right for the CSR position.
Complete the application form below – it’s super easy!