Join the Team at Indy’s Family-Owned & Locally Operated Service Plus
You know you are the best at what you do and you want to join a team that appreciates you, and where you can create your own opportunities. We are always looking for great people and here are the current positions we are looking to fill:
- HVAC Installers
- HVAC Technicians
- Plumber Apprentices
- Residential Plumbers
- Customer Service Representatives (CSR)
Who We Are
We keep growing because we focus on hiring only the best, and our customers love us for it. Founded in 2003 out of our garage, we’ve been at this a long time here in Indianapolis. You’ve probably seen our trucks and our ads. What you may not know is what it’s like to be a part of a team and family like this. What you come to find is:
- How you feel appreciated when you don’t cut corners
- How we inspire ongoing training and education
- How it feels to have customers rave about you and demand that you’re the only technician that works in their home
- How much you can earn when you truly are the best
People often come to us looking for a job. They stay with us because they find a fulfilling career, room to grow and opportunities to excel.
What We Do
We are a team of home service experts who go the extra mile to ensure peak performance for your home’s plumbing, heating and air conditioning, and electrical systems.
What We Offer
Our top performers are among the highest-paid technicians in Indianapolis. You’ll have unlimited earning potential.
- Company-supplied, take it home at night, new and safe, super-cool company truck.
- Medical insurance – we pay 70% for your insurance premiums for health and 100% of your premiums for dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
- New technology, including iPhone, tablet, and access to integrated software.
- State of the art tools, parts, and supplies.
- 401k plan with a company match.
- A family. This is the last of the list because it’s most important. We care about our team and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company outings, and you’ll build life-long friendships at Service Plus.
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job – make this career move and find exactly that for which you are looking. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company. If this sounds like you, spend a little time here on our website. When you’re ready, please use the form below to apply for a position.
- High school diploma or GED. At least 18 years old.
- Have a genuine and personable demeanor.
- Willingness to pursue, develop, and participate in continuing education.
- Ability to complete a diploma, degree, or certificate program in the field.
- Efficient and organized.
- Have a high level of mental and physical aptitude.
- Have a strong working knowledge of codes and safety measures.
- Strong steady work history.
- Able to climb in attics, under houses, in box trucks, and work within confined spaces.
- Able to lift 75 lbs.
- Attend required department meetings. Attend company or vendor training as required.
- Maintain any necessary licenses or certifications which may apply.
- Exhibit professional conduct at all times, whether at the job site or driving company vehicles.
- Possess strong residential customer service experience, patience, troubleshooting, and diagnostic skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to keep daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Veterans encouraged to apply.
Key Requirements – Plumbing
- One year of experience for a Plumber Apprentice position.
- Two years of experience for a Residential Plumber position.
- Work with and train any assigned plumbing helpers.
- Knowledge of local plumbing codes, with the ability to apply them in a practical manner on each job, working with inspectors, suppliers and co-worker technicians to ensure correct project work.
- Capable of executing plumbing techniques such as soldering, pipe threading, drain cleaning, fixture installation, gas leak testing, and repair.
Key Requirements – HVAC
- Two years of experience for HVAC Installer position
- Four years of experience for HVAC Technician position
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating
- Skilled in installation, cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems
- Ability to guide and advise the customer to select the most appropriate air quality system to fulfill their requirements
- Ability to perform maintenance, warranty, and emergency repairs from installation to end-of-life
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently
- Providing technical direction and on-the-job training
- Working knowledge of boiler systems
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans
Key Requirements – CSR
- A great attitude
- Computer skills
- Phone etiquette
Desired Skills and Experience
If you can achieve the above and you find it fun and challenging – you have just the right amount of skill and experience for the CSR position.