Preventative Heating System Maintenance in Greenfield, Indiana
A heating system can be a major investment for any homeowner, and to protect its performance, as well as its warranty, it is important to ensure it receives the proper care and maintenance. Whether you have a furnace, a boiler, or a heat pump, routine maintenance can help it to remain efficient and extend its service life.
At Service Plus Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, we can help you keep your heating system in great condition with our preventative maintenance services. We work on all common types of heating equipment, including systems from York, Trane, Carrier, Bryant, and other top manufacturers. Our certified technicians have extensive experience, the latest training, and the equipment they need to ensure the job is done correctly. Our company serves homeowners thorough the Greenfield area, from Windswept Road to 400 East, and everything in between.
To learn more about our HVAC service, contact Service Plus today at (317) 434-2627 !
Heating Maintenance Service in the Greenfield Area
Most heating systems require maintenance service, or a tune-up, at least once a year. At Service plus, we recommend two service visits a year, one at the beginning of the heating season and one at the end, depending on the type of system and the manufacturer’s recommendations. Our maintenance services typically include tasks like:
- Cleaning or replacing the air filter
- Cleaning the blower fan and cabinet
- Replacing or adjusting the blower fan belt
- Lubricating bearings pulleys, and other friction-prone components
- Testing the current draw and voltage of the blower motor
- Inspecting electrical terminals, contacts, switches, and wires
- Testing the thermostat and adjusting its settings
- Cleaning the burners for boilers or furnaces
- Inspecting the flue and heat exchanger
- Testing for excessive flue gases or carbon monoxide
- Inspecting the pilot light or ignition system
- Testing boiler safety valves and checking system pressure
- Purging excess air from the system
- Cleaning heat pump or ductless system coils
- Checking for refrigerant leaks and verifying levels
- Cleaning the condensate drain and drip tray
- Inspecting the compressor, start capacitor, and relay
Our HVAC experts can perform these maintenance services as required, or on a recurring schedule, according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. If any problems are found during the process, we also offer complete repair services, as well as replacement services.
Contact us today to schedule maintenance services for your heating system!
The Benefits of Routine Heating System Maintenance
Regardless of the age of your heating system or its condition, routine maintenance can offer several benefits to Greenfield homeowners, including:
- Reduced energy usage – A clean, lubricated, well-maintained system does not have to work as hard, reducing its energy usage.
- Lower heating costs – By using less energy, your heating costs are reduced significantly, without affecting your overall comfort.
- Fewer repairs – With better maintenance and regular system inspections, problems can be caught and corrected early, preventing unnecessary system damage and repairs.
- Longer system life – Due to reduced friction, wear, and dust accumulation, the system can last longer and experience fewer component failures.
- Improved comfort – With proper airflow, improved heat exchange, and less friction, your system can offer better heating performance, with improved humidity control and indoor air quality.
Overall, the system will perform better, with greater reliability and improved comfort.
To learn more about the benefits of routine maintenance, contact our team today!
Call Today to Schedule Maintenance Services in Greenfield, IN
Whether you live near Mary Moore Park, Brandywine Park, or the Hancock Regional Hospital, you can count on our team at Service Plus for quality heating system maintenance, repairs, and replacements in the Greenfield area.
Contact us today at (317) 434-2627 to schedule an appointment!