No matter where you live, water conservation is more important than ever before. This is especially true in the bathroom, where you’re probably wasting more water than you realize.
For instance, did you know that by merely turning off the faucet while brushing your teeth you can save approximately four gallons of water? Below we offer more tips for an eco-friendly bathroom:
- Install low-flow fixtures to limit the amount of water you use
- Use toilet paper made from recycled materials
- Avoid pouring beauty products down the drain
- Choose green, nontoxic cleaning products
- Consider upgrading to a tankless water heater to reduce energy usage
- Switch out old, incandescent bulbs for compact fluorescents, which use less energy and last longer
If you’re renovating your bathroom altogether, keep these pointers in mind:
- Buy a dual-flush toilet, which is more efficient
- Look into unique ways to utilize gray-water
- Add a heat-exchange ventilator
- Select green building materials
Service Plus Heating, Cooling & Plumbing’s skilled team of plumbers can help make your bathroom more environmentally-friendly. Allow us to fix leaks, install new fixtures and make recommendations to meet your family’s needs. Dial (317) 434-2627 to get started!