Hot water heaters are something we all rely on in our Indianapolis homes—we may even take them for granted a wee bit. But with a system that is so out of sight and out of mind, it’s hard to tell when you need to replace without something going horribly wrong. Want to know when you should consider replacing your home water heater? Service Plus Heating, Cooling & Plumbing is here to shed some light on the issue!
Call us today at (317) 434-2627 or contact us online for your water heater service quote!
Why Is Timely Replacement Important?
In reality waiting hurts a lot more than you might think, as systems that are wearing down tend to do a few very detrimental things:
- They eat up more power, increasing utility costs.
- They do a poor job. For your water heater this tends to mean longer refresh periods, lukewarm water, and even worse.
- They need way too much repair, increasing maintenance and service costs exponentially.
How Do I Know When to Replace?
It’s surprisingly easy to tell when a replacement is due for water heater systems. They display very clear behaviors and signs, and all you need to do is be able to recognize them:
- Discolored water. If the water coming from your faucets is brown, ruddy red, or flecked with debris, something is very wrong. The water heater is the likely source if the water is discolored only when turned to hot. Otherwise it may be the city water supply, such as during a system flush.
- Frequent leaking. A single plumbing leak is cause for alarm enough, but the problem can often be sourced to a loose valve that simply needs tightening by a pro during a water heater repair. But if the source is vague, or the problem becomes a routine one, replacement is likely.
- Visible corrosion. Rust and other common forms of corrosion do not simply go away, and they will eventually lead to your water heater almost literally falling apart. If you see rust or discoloration on your water heater, consult a professional about whether repair or replacement is your best course of action.
- The age of your water heater. Most modern water heater systems can be expected to last for roughly ten or so years, assuming they’ve been routinely maintained. Past that point the water heater is living on borrowed time, as well as costing more than necessary to operate.
Water Heater Replacement in Central Indiana
When you need water heater services including repair, replacement, installation, or maintenance, you can trust the specialists at Service Plus! We put your needs for quality hot water first when we offer service, bringing you the top options for reliable performance and quality. Contact us today to learn more about our water heater options in Indianapolis!